Amplify the Voice of Ag Retailers
One voice in Washington won’t make enough noise. But all of our voices together cannot be ignored. By joining ARA, you help us better represent your interests while giving your business a competitive advantage. Here are some benefits of membership:
Experienced Public Policy Representation
ARA staff members have more than 100 years of combined experience in public policy, communications and issues management. Staff members educate federal agencies and Congressional members on important issues affecting your industry. ARA staff serve on the following committees and boards:
- Ag Transportation Working Group
- Agriculture Energy Alliance
- American Agronomic Stewardship Alliance
- American Society of Association Executives
- Asmark Institute Board
- Chemical Sector Coordinating Council
- Commodity Markets Oversight Coalition
- EPA’s Pesticide Program Dialogue Committee
- EPA Spray Drift Workgroup
- EPA Web-Distributed Labeling Workgroup
- Interested Parties in Hazardous Materials
- National Agronomic Environmental Health &
Safety School Board
- Washington, D.C. Agricultural Communicators
Make Educated Business Decisions
ARA sends Member Alerts to notify you of important regulatory
or legislative changes that could impact your business. These alerts may include contact information for your representatives, if local action is needed.
In addition, ARA provides tools for your business, such as a model fertilizer contract confirmation.
We’ll also communicate with you via Retailer Fact$, a bi-weekly e-newsletter that will keep you and your staff informed about the latest issues.
Plus, you have access to the ARA staff. You may consult with them on your specific business issues affected by legislative or regulatory events.
Access to Industry Leaders
As an ARA member, you’re welcome to attend any ARA meeting, including the three board meetings held each year. Attending an ARA board meeting gives you the chance to network with other industry leaders representing retail outlets and leading agricultural manufacturers. Guest speakers may include industry executives, Congressional leaders and government agency officials.
Discounted Registration for ARA Events
In recent years, the ARA Conference & Expo has become a can’t-miss event for the industry. The conference offers a dynamic program full of presentations from leading industry executives as well as practical information you can use to improve your business. You can also receive discounts to these important educational opportunities:
The ARA Management Academy at Purdue University fills up quickly ever year. The classes take place during the first week of February. With an ARA membership, your rate to attend this program is significantly discounted.
- Webinars and other new training programs are developed by ARA frequently that address specific information needs in the industry. As an ARA member, you are the first to know about these opportunities and receive a discounted rate for participation. Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are also available for participation in some of these programs.
You’ll have a wealth of information at your fingertips
ARA members have exclusive access to the ARA website, including newsletter archives, regulation compliance guidance and alerts on specific issues.