GENERAL INFORMATION Click Here To View A Snapshot
The Agricultural Retailers Association (ARA), in partnership with AgProfessional magazine, recently commissioned Vance Market Intelligence to conduct a survey of U.S. agricultural retailers and distributors. The purpose of the survey was to develop a profile of today’s agricultural retailer and identify the most significant trends and issues facing this segment of the industry.
Invitations to participate in the online survey were sent on November 15, 2011 to a screened list agricultural retail industry professionals with the majority being members of ARA. The survey was closed on December 15, 2011 with a total of 892 respondents.
The survey questions include the following categories:
• Ag Retailers Products & Services
• Predictions for Coming Years
• Business Issues
• ARA/State Organization Investment Needed
• Technology/Social Media Usage
• Respondent comment sections
The survey results provide information that was once very limited and quality data was almost non-existent. The survey data:
• Benchmarks U.S. Ag retailers with regional samples and projectable data overlapping ARA’s five membership regions
• Projectable for some key agriculture states
• Establishes base lines in chemical and fertilizer use, developments in application equipment, and trends in seed sales
• Includes information on industry consolidation, management and business issues at retail outlets, and unmet needs at the branch level
• Provides details for use by suppliers selling into the agricultural retail and distribution market segments
• Is useful for retailers to set business benchmarks for their operations compared to others in the same segment
• Gain an understanding of the direction of the ag retail industry and the issues it is facing
The results from this survey are confidential and only available to those who purchase the results.
The purchase price for ARA Members is $5,000 and includes:
(Non-ARA Members please contact Jim Thrift.)
ARA-Vance Survey Core Report
• A 78 page Executive Summary in PDF format with analysis, charts, graphs and respondent comments.
ARA-Vance Survey Questionnaire
• A text version of the online questionnaire sent to 14,585 individuals on November 15, 2011.
ARA-Vance Survey Core Data
• Raw data in Excel format which allows the ability to sort it by multiple criteria such as region, brand, and state.
Vice President, Regulatory Policy & Corporate Relations
Associate Director, Member Services & Communications