Based on feedback from the popular ARA Crisis Communications Training Program, ARA has created a new program focused on preparing, responding, and sustaining a crisis plan. The day and a half workshop will be held Feb. 27 to March 1 at the Tropicana Hotel in Las Vegas.
The ARA Crisis Management Workshop, sponsored by FMC, is led by industry experts and features classroom training, interaction scenarios, and a template crisis plan. Knowing how to react in a crisis situation is critical and could have a major impact on the success and reputation of your business.
- ARA Members: $550
- Non-Members: $850
Room reservations will be made for each registered participant by ARA at the Tropicana Hotel. Room rate of $115/night is the responsibility of the attendee and a credit card will be requited upon arrival.
Getting Crisis-Ready: Prepare
- Elements of a good crisis plan
- Industry standards and best practices
Getting Crisis-Ready: Respond
- How to deploy the crisis plan in an active response situation
- Event scenarios (spill, weather, activist, etc.)
- Regulatory and local requirements
Getting Crisis-Ready: Sustain
- Operationalize, sustain and even leverage a plan
- Communicating the plan
- Refreshing the plan
Interaction Scenarios + Coaching
- Mock “real-world” situations to test and refine crisis response
Crisis Planning Jump Start
Build out an initial safety plan with ag retail industry experts