No other organization helps the agricultural retailer more than ARA.
ARA is more than a nonprofit trade association. As the political voice of agricultural retailers and distributors, ARA advocates, educates and champions the American agricultural retailer.
ARA’s leadership includes a 40-member board of directors representing retailers, distributors and manufacturers of crop protection chemicals, fertilizer, technology, services and equipment. Our membership is just as diverse, from small family-run businesses and farmer cooperatives to large corporations with multiple branches. ARA members represent the majority of agribusinesses in the United States.
The landscape of American agriculture is changing. ARA works to ensure a profitable business environment remains.
Legislative and regulatory issues are at the core of our mission. As a member of ARA, you can concentrate on running your business while ARA serves as your eyes and ears on regulations and legislation. We keep you informed so you can make better business decisions.
So much in agriculture is changing: Technology developments, crop input practices, regulations and more. Our purpose at ARA is to manage regulatory and legislative changes in the best interests of the agricultural retailer, distributor and commercial applicator. Here are just a few of our policy priorities:
Continued support for the agriculture exemption to the Hours of Service transportation regulations.
- Establishment of reasonable applicator and spray drift restrictions.
- Chemical Security issues and ongoing efforts to extend the Agricultural Chemicals Security Tax Credit initiated by ARA.
- Support for repeal of the Federal Estate Tax as well as a permanent extension of the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts that have a positive economic impact on agribusiness.
- Continued communication with EPA to develop science-based, sensible environmental regulations regarding pesticide and fertilizer applications.
- Support for greater transparency and reduced volatility in the futures market.
Membership in ARA strengthens the ag retailer’s voice.
One voice in Washington won’t make enough noise. But all of our voices together cannot be ignored. By joining ARA, you help us better represent your interests while giving your business a competitive advantage.
For more information on ARA member benefits and services or to join the association, contact Kelly Jones, Office Administrator & Associate Director of Membership, at (202) 595-1691.