ELIGIBILITY TO EXHIBIT:
All manufacturers and/or suppliers of products or services related to, or used by, agricultural retailers. PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION:
Payment must be received in full before the conference opens. No phone, fax or money orders accepted. Cancellation requests must be received in writing to the ARA Exhibit Manager office by Sept. 1, 2017, to be issued a 50-percent refund. If booth space is canceled
after this date, payment will be forfeited. CONTRACT:
Applicants for space are required to complete the contract in full. ASSIGNMENT:
2016 ARA exhibitors have first preference in order of contract/payment receipt until June 30, 2017. Non-2016 exhibitors will be assigned any remaining space after June 30, 2017, based on the order of contract/payment receipt date. Confirmation of booth assignment will be emailed to the primary contact listed on exhibitor contract in July. ARA reserves the right to rearrange floor plan and relocate any exhibit upon consultation with said exhibitor. Spaces cannot be assigned, sublet or otherwise disposed of without consent
of ARA. Any space not claimed and occupied may be reassigned by ARA without refund of rental paid. ARA reserves the right of final booth assignments. DISPLAY GUIDELINES:
ARA reserves the right to approve all exhibitors and activities related thereto. Exhibits which detract from the character of show
, including persons, conduct or
printed matter, may be evicted by ARA without refund of rental fees or expenses. Exhibits must be arranged so as not to obstruct traffic or hide the exhibits of others. The aisles, passageways
and overhead spaces remain strictly under control
of ARA. Items will only be permitted in these areas by special permission of ARA. Except for special permission, the following booth construction regulations apply:
FIRE SAFETY & WORK AGREEMENTS:
- Exhibitors must allow a minimum of 2’ in front of presentation and demonstration components inside the booth to accommodate attendees to enter the booth to participate in an activity or watch a demonstration. Attendees should not be forced to stand in the aisle to view exhibitor presentations. No part of an exhibit shall extend outside of the exhibit space boundary. All promotional materials, items, etc. must be contained within the space assigned to the exhibitors as per the completed agreement and in accordance with the booth construction guidelines of the International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE). If there is a discrepancy between IAEE and ARA guidelines, the ARA guidelines will be used.
- Inline/Linear Booths: 8‘ deep x 10‘ wide consisting of drape assembled on aluminum stanchions and crossbars; 8’ high back drape, 3’ high side drape. All other equipment, furnishings or services other than those provided as indicated must be arranged for with the decorator and/or the hotel at the exhibitor’s expense.
- Use of Space: Regardless of the number of inline booths utilized, e.g. 8’ x 20’, 8’ x 30’, 8’ x 40’, etc. display materials should be arranged in such a manner so as not to obstruct sight lines of neighboring exhibitors. The maximum height of 8’ is allowed only in the rear half of the booth space with a 4’ height restriction imposed on all materials in the remaining space forward to the aisle. All displays, booth elements, signage, and other exhibit materials including floor covering, must be contained within the confines and plane of the booth dimensions. No exhibit may span or extend into an aisle. Boxes and equipment may not be stored behind booth space.
- End-cap Booths (two corner booths facing the end aisle): 10’ deep x 16’ wide consisting of drape assembled on aluminum stanchions and crossbars; 8’ high back drape to a width of 10’ the remaining 3’ on each side will have 3’ high side drape. All other equipment, furnishings or services other than those provided as indicated must be arranged for with the decorator and/or the hotel at the exhibitor’s expense.
- Use of Space: Display materials should be arranged in such a manner so as not to obstruct sight lines of neighboring exhibitors. The maximum back wall height allowed is 8’ and the maximum back-wall width allowed is 10’at the center of the back-wall with a maximum 3’ height on the two side aisles. Within 3' of the 2 side aisles, the maximum height for any display materials is 3'. All displays, booth elements, signage, and other exhibit materials including floor covering, must be contained within the confines and plane of the booth dimensions. No exhibit may span or extend into an aisle. Boxes and equipment may not be stored behind booth space.
Any additions or improvements to space other than included equipment shall be at exhibitor’s expense and must comply with fire
department and underwriter rules. No smoking, helium balloons or flammable materials are allowed. Compliance with local fire and state tax ordinances is required. The exhibitor agrees to abide by all agreements made between the unions, show management, the facilities and its agents. SOUND, VIDEO, LIGHTING, COPYRIGHTED MATERIALS:
Audio and video devices operated in an objectionable manner in the opinion of the show management may be prohibited. Booth noise may not interfere with the conversation of other exhibitors. Each exhibitor is responsible for obtaining all necessary licenses and permits to use music, photographs, or other copyrighted materials with proof of such being available upon request. All lighting within the exhibit must be operated so as not to distract from adjacent exhibits. SET-UP & DISMANTLING RESTRICTIONS:
Installation of exhibits may begin at the time indicated on the schedule. No exhibitor shall have the right to pack and/or remove materials prior to the closing of the show unless approved by ARA. All items left in hall
after dismantling hours will be disposed of or handled at the contractor’s discretion at exhibitor’s expense. The exhibitor must surrender display space in the same condition as it was when first occupied. REGISTRATION, STAFFING & DECORATOR KIT:
An exhibitor service kit will be sent by the official decorator in early fall. Exhibit personnel must wear an ARA official name badge to enter hall
and for admission to all ARA Conference & Expo events. Only employees of the exhibiting company may receive complimentary exhibitor registration (business card may be requested for onsite registration). The lending or transfer of a badge or registration of nonemployee attendees will bar involvement from this and future meetings. While exhibitors must keep the exhibit open and staffed at all times during the posted expo open hours, exhibitors are encouraged to participate in the other conference activities when the expo is closed. SOLICITATIONS, SOCIAL FUNCTIONS & MEETINGS:
Functions sponsored by other organizations must have prior approval from ARA and cannot conflict with expo hours or any program meeting/activity conducted during this event. The distribution of materials by exhibitors or their agents is limited to the area rented by the exhibitor in the exhibit hall. Materials may not be delivered to hotel rooms of ARA attendees without advance permission from ARA at (202) 457-0825. Any costs of such distribution shall be the sole responsibility of the exhibitor. Persons whose firms have not rented exhibit space are prohibited from soliciting business from ARA attendees or members in any form at the convention hotel, without prior ARA authorization. The only solicitation/presentations allowed without prior ARA approval will be by registered exhibitor personnel in the contracted exhibit space or as speakers on the ARA program. LIABILITY & SECURITY:
The ARA, the hotel, other sponsors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives and successors shall not be liable for, and are hereby released from, all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs or expenses relating to or arising out of an injury to any personnel of exhibitor or to any other person or any loss of or damage to any property of exhibit or
to any other property such injury, loss or damage is incident to, arises out of, or is any way connected with exhibitor’s participation in the ARA Annual Conference & Expo. The exhibitor shall be responsible for any such injury, loss or damage and any expenses related thereto, and the exhibitor hereby agrees to protect, indemnify, hold harmless and defend the ARA, the hotel, other sponsors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives and successors against all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses, including all attorney’s fees and cost of litigation, provided that the foregoing shall not apply to injury, loss or damage caused by or resulting from the sole negligence of the ARA, the hotel, other sponsors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives and successors. CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE:
A certificate of insurance must be received by Oct. 16, 2017, to be included in the program and by move-in to be admitted. Certificates are to name the Agricultural Retailers Association as additional insured with policy date through Nov. 30, 2017. Coverage should include comprehensive general liability of at least $1,000,000 per personal injury for each occurrence and $500,000 for property damage for each occurrence. Workmen’s Compensation should be for full compliance employees for any work done on the exhibitor’s behalf.
Your certificate must be current through the show date and name:
Agricultural Retailers Association
1156 15th Street NW, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20005
Send the Certificate of Insurance to:
CANCELLATION OF ARA CONFERENCE & EXPO:
If ARA should be prevented from conducting the ARA Annual Conference & Expo, ARA cannot permit the exhibitor to occupy this exhibit space due to circumstances beyond its control or determines not to offer the ARA Conference & Expo at its sole discretion, ARA will refund the exhibitor the amount of the rental fee paid with no further obligation or liability to the exhibitor. ARA reserves the right to change the location of the exhibition without compensation or payment of damages to exhibitors. In all circumstances, ARA shall notify the exhibitor at the earliest date possible of the change or cancellation.
Violations of any of these Rules and Regulations on the part of the exhibitor, its employees or agents shall, at the option of ARA, constitute cause for ARA to terminate this Agreement, expel the exhibitor from the expo with no reimbursement of fees paid and bar involvement from this and future ARA events.