ARA Retailer of the Year
Industry-wide recognition in stewardship, leadership & customer engagement
Each year, the ARA Retailer of the Year Award honors an agricultural retailer for going above and beyond in environmental stewardship, community leadership, customer engagement and employee relations. The Retailer of the Year Award, sponsored by Bayer Crop Science and The Scoop, is awarded to an ARA member company or individual.
In addition to being recognized as a pioneering company in ag retail, the winner receives:
- A professionally produced video featuring your key team members at a facility to showcase your company's pioneering efforts;
- Two complimentary registrations for the ARA Conference
- Travel arrangements to the ARA Conference including two round-trip flights and two nights of accommodations;
- An award presentation on stage at the ARA Conference to be celebrated by hundreds of industry professionals;
- A VIP dinner invitation with Bayer Crop Science representatives and ARA officers;
- A two-page article featuring the winning retail facility in the January issue of The Scoop magazine; and
- A prestigious award to display proudly at your retail facility.
Learn what it took for past Retailer of the Year winners to achieve this top honor by watching this video collection featuring some of the biggest names in ag retail!
How to Apply
Individuals may nominate an ARA member retailer or ARA member retailers may apply directly by Friday, July 1, 2022.
- Include photos and captions
- Show how your organization accomplishes each criterion (preferably using photos with descriptions)
- Be brief, but complete
- Reference the sample application
ARA Retailer of the Year
Valley Ag was celebrated as the ARA Retailer of the Year at the 2021 ARA Conference & Expo in front of more than 600 ag retail industry professionals.
“Part of what set Valley Ag up for this great honor is the company’s state-of-the-art facilities along with its unique customer-focused approach found in every aspect of its business,” said ARA President and CEO Daren Coppock. “Not only a supporter of the industry, Valley Ag is a supporter of the local communities in which it has a footprint, and seeks ways to give back wherever it can.”
- 2021 - Valley Ag (Nampa, Idaho) Watch Video
- 2019 - Premier Ag (Seymour, Ind.) Watch Video
- 2018 - Simplot Grower Solutions (Boise, Idaho) Watch Video
- 2017 - Asmus Farm Supply (Rake, Iowa) Watch Video
- 2016 - Gar Tootelian (Reedley, Calif.) Watch Video
- 2015 - The Andersons (Maumee, Ohio) Watch Video
- 2014 - NEW Cooperative (Fort Dodge, Iowa) Watch Video
- 2013 - Morral Companies (Morral, Ohio) Watch Video
- 2012 - S.D. Wheat Growers (Now Agtegra Cooperative - Aberdeen, S.D.) Watch Video
- 2011 - The Lyman/Tremont Group (Woodland, Calif.) Watch Video
- 2010 - Central Valley Ag (Oakland, Neb.) Watch Video
- 2009 - Willard Agri-Service (Lynch, Md.) Watch Video
- 2008 - The McGregor Company (Southeast Washington)
- 2007 - Landmark Services Cooperative (Cottage Grove, Wis.)
- 2006 - C-S Agrow Service (Calumet, Idaho)
- 2005 - The Dune Company (Yuma, Ariz.)
- 2004 - Effingham Equity (Effingham, Ill.)