ARA Rising Stars
The ARA Rising Stars program sets out to provide member companies with a program they can lean on to invest in their emerging leaders. Nominations open late spring.
About ARA Rising Stars
The purpose of the ARA Rising Stars program, sponsored by Atticus, is to provide a vehicle for member organizations to recognize and develop their top performers with unique professional development and networking opportunities. When you invest in your team's professional development journey, you increase the likelihood of retaining that top talent for years to come.
How to nominate
Whether you're an ag retailer or supplier member of ARA, you're encouraged to submit a nomination online.
Supplier members are encouraged to leverage this award program as a way to recognize and show your support for an ag retail partner by sponsoring their nomination.
- Both nominator and the nominee must be employed by an ARA member company in good standing;
- More than one individual from the same company may be nominated; and
- Nominee(s) should not have previously attended the ARA Conference & Expo.
Please contact Andrea Mowers at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Who are Rising Stars?
Outstanding nominees include ag professionals who consistently perform at a high-level deserving of special recognition and who have not previously attended the ARA Conference & Expo. Past classes of Rising Stars have varied in both age and experience, but show sure signs of emerging as an industry leader.
As one of the first programs in the ARA Professional Development pathway, the Rising Stars program is an opportunity to introduce emerging leaders to ARA by further reducing their member registration rate to attend the 2023 ARA Conference & Expo in Orlando, Fla., Nov. 28-30.
- Industry-wide recognition when hundreds of ag professionals will celebrate ARA's Rising Stars as they take their awards center stage;
- Attend cutting-edge conference sessions from industry leaders;
- At premier networking events, Rising Stars will mingle with some of the leading professionals in ag retail including ARA Board of Directors;
- Explore a first-class Expo Hall to discover the latest innovations in products and services available to your company;
- Compete in a video contest to win a trip to the Atticus headquarters in Raleigh, N.C., to experience another side of ag retail; and
- By completing the ARA NAVIGATOR 360° online assessment at no cost to their organization, Rising Stars will reveal hidden talents and areas to improve in an interactive digital format for analyzing.
Meet the 2022 ARA Rising Stars!
ARA and program sponsor Atticus send congratulations to the 2022 ARA Rising Stars for their dedicated work for their company, their customers, and our industry. The Rising Stars attended the ARA Conference & Expo along with more than 650 ag retail industry professionals where they expanded their network and shared ideas related to current and future challenges.
Watch videos from the Rising Stars to learn what leadership in agriculture means to them.
Hear from the winner of the video contest, Jessi Vance-Hintz with GROWMARK Inc.
Learn more about the professional journey of this year's Rising Stars in person at the ARA Conference as well as within their company with the ARA NAVIGATOR 360° online assessment
Andrea Mowers, ARA Director of Communications and Member Experience