ARA MANAGEMENT ACADEMY
Registration is open for the 2021 ARA Management Academy on Jan. 26-28, 2021, at the Arizona State University campus in Tempe, Arizona.
Develop your management skill set while sharing ideas with peers at the Agricultural Retailers Association (ARA) Management Academy. Over the course of this program, you will sharpen your management, leadership and decision-making capabilities by engaging in faculty-led presentations, interactive exercises and small-group discussion. Program curriculum includes a broad-based selection of managerial courses chosen specifically to meet the needs of managers in the agricultural retail industry.
We find that when managers attend as a team, they are more successful in implementing new ideas and tools when they return to the work environment.
Managers, leaders, agronomists and sales people within agronomic organizations find value in this program. It is also beneficial for experienced managers interested in refreshing best practices in our changing industry. When managers attend as a team, they are more successful in implementing new ideas and tools when they return to the work environment.
The ARA Management Academy allows you to:
- Build on your understanding of core business functions and how to leverage the powerful linkages between them
- Explore management challenges with the goal of uncovering business opportunities
- Strengthen your leadership qualities through effective communication and relationship building that will lead to improved business results
- Network with peers from across different markets and geographical regions of the U.S.
- Debate and discuss industry issues with well-known management faculty
ARA members receive a special member rate and can save the most by registering by Dec. 18 to claim the early bird price. Consider a team of three or more for special pricing.
- ARA member early bird rate through Dec. 18: $2,595
- ARA member rate after Dec. 18: $2,795
- Non-member early bird rate through Dec. 18: $2,795
- Non-member rate after Dec. 18: $2,995
Earn Educational Credit
Earn continuing education units (CEU) or certified crop adviser (CCA) credit by participating in this program.
The learning environment consists of a mix of discussion, small group exercises, case study application, and debate and dialogue with experienced instructors and a network of colleagues. Learn more about the sessions.
2020 ARA Management Academy Recap
The 2020 ARA Management Academy was held on Jan. 28-30, 2020, in Tempe, Ariz., in partnership with Purdue University Center for Food and Agricultural Business and the Arizona State University W.P. Carey School of Business. More than 40 industry professionals graduated the training after participating in interactive small-group exercises and faculty-led training on strategic thinking, financial management and more.
Betty Jones-Bliss, Associate Director, Purdue University Center for Food and Agricultural Business
Thank you to our program partners!
This program is offered in partnership with the Purdue University Center for Food and Agricultural Business and Arizona State University.
ARA members get the best rate and can save the even more by registering by Dec. 18 at the early bird rate.