ARA MANAGEMENT ACADEMY
Registration is open! The 2023 ARA Management Academy will be held Jan. 31 through Feb. 2 in Tempe, Arizona.
Ag retail managers and leaders need a toolkit that includes new trends and best business practices to lead to effective decision making, value creation and differentiation from competitors. During this three-day academy, Drs. Joan Brett, Scott Downey, Allan Gray, Mark Manfredo and Doug Olsen will aid you upgrading your management, leadership and decision making capabilities through presentations, case studies, interactive exercises and small group discussions. Attendees will enhance their understanding of core business functions, explore management challenges and establish relationships that will improve business results.
The learning environment consists of a mix of discussion, small group exercises, case study application, and debate and dialogue with experienced instructors and a network of colleagues. See session topics below:
- Future Drivers of Change: Implications for Business Strategy
- Examining Profitability: Your Role and Impact
- Creating Value for your Customers
- Implementing Organizational Leadership Strategies
- Services Excellence and Blueprinting
The program is especially beneficial for salespeople, agronomists and agronomy managers who expect to take on more responsibilities in the future, as well as experienced managers interested in refreshing best practices. While it is not required to attend as a team, past participants have found it beneficial to attend with others from their organization.
The ARA Management Academy enables you to:
- Increase your understanding of core business functions and how to leverage the links between them;
- Explore management challenges with the goal of uncovering business opportunities;
- Strengthen your leadership qualities and learn to improve business results through effective communication and relationship building;
- Network with peers from different markets across the country;
- Debate and discuss industry issues with well-known management faculty.
ARA members receive a special member rate. Consider a team of three or more for special pricing.
- ARA member rate: $2,695
- Non-member rate: $2,895
Earn Educational Credit
Earn continuing education units (CEU) or certified crop adviser (CCA) credit by participating in this program.
2022 ARA Management Academy Recap
Thank you to the 24 participants of the 2022 ARA Management Academy, held Jan. 25-27 at Arizona State University (ASU) in Tempe, Arizona.
Betty Jones-Bliss, Associate Director, Purdue University Center for Food and Agricultural Business
Thank you to our program partners!
This program is offered in partnership with the Purdue University Center for Food and Agricultural Business and Arizona State University W.P. Carey School of Business.
Ag Retailer's Role In Sustainability
While farmers may have an interest in investing in the adoption of new practices, they rely on their trusted local agricultural retailer, agronomist or salesperson for information and advice on how adopting new management practices can improve their operation.
Learn more about how you as an ag retailer can create value and sustainability solutions for your farmer customers in the Purdue University Center for Food and Agricultural Business Blog.