ARA MANAGEMENT ACADEMY
Registration is open for the 2022 ARA Management Academy to be held Jan. 25-27 at Arizona State University (ASU) in Tempe, Arizona.
Ag retail managers and leaders need a toolkit that includes new trends and best business practices to lead to effective decision making, value creation and differentiation from competitors. During this three-day academy, Drs. Joan Brett, Scott Downey, Allan Gray, Mark Manfredo and Doug Olsen will aid you upgrading your management, leadership and decision making capabilities through presentations, case studies, interactive exercises and small group discussions. You’ll enhance your understanding of core business functions, explore management challenges and establish relationships that will improve business results.
The program is especially beneficial for salespeople, agronomists and agronomy managers who expect to take on more responsibilities in the future, as well as experienced managers interested in refreshing best practices. While it is not required to attend as a team, past participants have found it beneficial to attend with others from their organization.
The ARA Management Academy allows you to:
- Increase your understanding of core business functions and how to leverage the links between them;
- Explore management challenges with the goal of uncovering business opportunities;
- Strengthen your leadership qualities and learn to improve business results through effective communication and relationship building;
- Network with peers from different markets across the country;
- Debate and discuss industry issues with well-known management faculty.
ARA members receive a special member rate and can save the most by registering to claim the early bird price. Consider a team of three or more for special pricing.
- ARA member early bird rate through Dec. 17, 2021: $2,595
- ARA member rate after Dec. 17, 2021: $2,795
- Non-member early bird rate through Dec. 17, 2021: $2,795
- Non-member rate after Dec. 17, 2021: $2,995
Earn Educational Credit
Earn continuing education units (CEU) or certified crop adviser (CCA) credit by participating in this program.
The learning environment consists of a mix of discussion, small group exercises, case study application, and debate and dialogue with experienced instructors and a network of colleagues. See session topics below:
- Future Drivers of Change: Implications for Business Strategy
- Examining Profitability: Your Role and Impact
- Creating Value for your Customers
- Implementing Organizational Leadership Strategies
- Services Excellence and Blueprinting
2021 ARA Management Academy Recap
The 2021 ARA Management Academy was held online Jan. 26-28, 2021, in partnership with the Purdue University Center for Food and Agricultural Business and the Arizona State University W.P. Carey School of Business. Several industry professionals graduated the training after participating in interactive small-group exercises and faculty-led training on strategic thinking, financial management and more.
Ag Retailer's Role In Sustainability
While farmers may have an interest in investing in the adoption of new practices, they rely on their trusted local agricultural retailer, agronomist or salesperson for information and advice on how adopting new management practices can improve their operation. Therefore, agricultural retailers and advisors farmers trust may have the ability to increase adoption rates of conservation practices by encouraging farmers and providing the information, resources and services they need.
Learn more about how you as an ag retailer can create value and sustainability solutions for your farmer customers in the Purdue University Center for Food and Agricultural Business Blog.
Betty Jones-Bliss, Associate Director, Purdue University Center for Food and Agricultural Business
Thank you to our program partners!
This program is offered in partnership with the Purdue University Center for Food and Agricultural Business and Arizona State University W.P. Carey School of Business.
If you're interested in the ARA Management Academy, check out the upcoming ARA Strategic Decision Making program on Sept. 21-23 at Purdue University campus in West Lafayette, Indiana. Registration is open!