THE VOICE OF AGRICULTURAL RETAILERS
The Agricultural Retailers Association (ARA) public policy team advocates for agricultural retailers' best interests at the federal level. ARA's registered lobbyists constantly monitor agencies, regulations and legislation that could impact agribusinesses and their farmer customers.
Each year, ARA membership decides on a new set of policy issues the association will focus on with elected officials and key regulatory agencies in Washington, D.C. The established set of policy issues typically drive discussions during the annual ARA Legislative Fly-In.
2022 Issues At-A-Glance
The 2022 ARA Issues-At-A-Glance is a quick reference with key talking points surrounding ARA's main public policy issue priorities.
- Transportation / Supply Chain Solutions
- Ag Labor & Workforce Needs
- Climate Change & Sustainable Agriculture
- Modern Agriculture Technologies
- Economic Growth & Trade
- Farm Bill
Public Policy Briefing Recordings
To kick off the 2022 ARA Legislative Fly-In, ARA hosted two educational sessions meant to prepare its membership for what to expect during virtual visits with their elected officials as well as to overview the association's new set of public policy priorities.
To view the Mastering Congressional Meetings 101 and the Federal Issues Briefing recordings:
- Log in to the ARA Member Dashboard. (Email email@example.com for ARA log in support.)
- Once logged in, click the green MEMBER HOME button in the top right corner of the website.
- Click on the menu item MEMBER RESOURCES to view the ARA Member Resource Library with helpful tools related to advocacy, crisis management, cyber security and more.
- Under Advocacy Resources, click to expand the ARA Public Policy Issues and click on the links within to view recordings and documents.
Congressional Fly-In Visits
ARA members and staff met with more than 100 Congressional offices during the virtual Legislative Fly-In, held Feb. 24-April 8. Thank you to the participating members for their grassroots engagement efforts that strengthened the ag retailer's voice on Capitol Hill when it comes to the issues that matter most to our industry. View the full list of Congressional offices and photos from the meetings in the ARA blog post below.
Biofuel Study Key Findings
The Biofuel Study Key Findings is a summary of a research study on the economic impacts to U.S. biofuels, agriculture, and the economy from subsidized electric vehicle penetration.
DC Decisions Impacting Ag Retail
ARA's Richard Gupton joined The Scoop Podcast to say there are a lot of irons in the fire when it comes to monitoring federal regulations and federal court action on products ag retailers and farmers rely on.
3 Supply Chain Updates
ARA's Richard Gupton discusses three supply chain updates from Washington on The Scoop Podcast.
ResponsibleAg on Capitol Hill
Discover how ResponsibleAg saves ag retailers money and time while improving their safety & compliance.