LEADERSHIP AT ITS BEST
Leadership At Its Best (LAIB) promotes a cross-cultural exchange for various commodity and trade associations in one robust conference. LAIB participants experience training and development modules based on today’s leading thoughts, ideas and techniques.
Sharpen Skills, Build Connections
Nominations are open through Nov. 2 for Syngenta's Leadership At Its Best program, set for Feb. 20-24, 2023. This program teaches young leaders about the importance of government relations and how to represent your company with legislators, regulators, and policy makers in the ag space. It equips them with the tools necessary to protect your company's freedom to operate.
- Have a desire for continued personal and professional growth;
- Have a high level of interest in current ag industry issues, both local and national (no experience required);
- Be open to networking, sharing experiences and knowledge, and building relationships across different grower groups; and
- Have a commitment to grow and lead within your organization or your affiliate organization.
Nominations are due Nov. 2. Please fill out a new form for each nominee. The initial meeting will be at Syngenta RTP office in North Carolina and subsequent meetings in Washington, DC. Syngenta, an ARA member company, will cover all travel and lodging expenses.
The conference focuses on various aspects of leadership training and the priority issues facing agriculture with the goal of empowering today’s leaders for tomorrow’s future challenges and opportunities. This intense three-day program begins with communications training geared toward sharpening oral and written communication skills.
What ARA members are saying:
“Very informative program. Gave me the insights & knowledge of how to get involved telling our story.”
– Matt Bingham, Valley Agronomics, LLC
"LAIB is a great program that provided me with the opportunity to network with leaders in agriculture from across the country. Through the program, I learned how to tell my story and how to be an effective advocate for agriculture."
– Nate Eitzmann, Asmus Farm Supply
“We are the pharmacists for the fields. We alone are the message."
– Tim Watts, Wilbur-Ellis