Registration is open!
The 2020 election results set the stage for the 117th Congress with many newly elected officials and staff in the U.S. Senate and U.S. House of Representatives.
Registration is open for the virtual 2021 ARA Winter Board Meeting & Legislative Fly-In during the weeks of Feb. 11 through March 19, 2021. Registration closes on Jan. 31, 2021, to give the policy team enough time to schedule meetings.
All ARA member representatives are invited to participate because ARA counts on their support and involvement to facilitate ongoing advocacy efforts with their members of Congress to bring about necessary legislation and policies that benefit agricultural retailers, their farmer customers, and America's rural communities.
2021 ARA Congressional Fly-In Meeting Schedule
Since the event is virtual, ARA will be coordinating online meetings in lieu of visits to their offices in Washington, D.C. Please review and mark your calendar with the relevant dates below in ARA's Congressional Meeting Schedule:
- Feb. 11: Mastering Congressional Meetings 101 (11 a.m. Eastern) and Federal Issues Briefing (2 p.m. Eastern)
- Feb. 15-19: Region 5 Hill Visits (WA, OR, CA, ID, NV, UT, AZ, NM)
- Feb. 22-26: Region 4 Hill Visits (MT, WY, CO, ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, TX)
- March 1-5: Region 3 Hill Visits (MN, IA, MO, WI, IL, MI, IN, OH, KY)
- March 8-12: Region 2 Hill Visits (AR, LA, TN, MS, AL, GA, NC, SC, FL)
- March 15-19: Region 1 Hill Visits (VA, WV, MD, DE, PA, NY, RI, CT, NH, VT, ME)
Future fly-ins will be communicated via email and posted to ARA's calendar of events.
ARA Fly-In Recap
“It was great to quickly catch up with Under Secretary Bill Northey! I love the opportunities being a member of the Agricultural Retailers Association brings for Asmus Farm Supply."
- Amy Asmus, Asmus Farm Supply