ARA needs your involvement to strengthen ongoing advocacy efforts with your members of Congress to bring about necessary legislation and policies that benefit agricultural retailers, farmer customers and the entire ag industry.
Advocacy in Action
ARA held its annual Legislative Fly-In Feb. 7 in Washington, D.C. More than 80 ARA members and 130+ members of Congress and their staff met face-to-face to discuss the most pressing issues for ag retailers.
Read the full recap in this ARA blog post.
All ARA members are encouraged to participate, and registration is free.
All ARA member representatives are invited to participate because ARA counts on their support and involvement to facilitate ongoing advocacy efforts with their members of Congress.
Future fly-ins will be communicated via email and posted to ARA's calendar of events.
To view the Mastering Congressional Meetings 101 and the Federal Issues Briefing recordings:
- Log in to the ARA Member Dashboard. (Email email@example.com for ARA log in support.)
- Once logged in, click the green MEMBER HOME button in the top right corner of the website.
- Click on the menu item MEMBER RESOURCES to view the ARA Member Resource Library with helpful tools related to advocacy, crisis management, cyber security and more.
- Under Advocacy Resources, click to expand the ARA Public Policy Issues and click on the links within to view recordings and documents.
This event includes in-person visits between ARA members and elected officials in Congress, held on Capitol Hill. The ARA Board of Directors and active ARA Committees will also meet in-person to discuss internal matters related to strategic planning, public policy, member services, conference planning and more.
“It was great to quickly catch up with Under Secretary Bill Northey! I love the opportunities being a member of the Agricultural Retailers Association brings for Asmus Farm Supply."
- Amy Asmus, Asmus Farm Supply