ARA Co-Signed Letter Supporting the Plant Biostimulant Act
Oct 25 2021
ARA co-signed a letter expressing strong support for the Plant Biostimulant Act as Congress begins to consider the next farm bill.
The Plant Biostimulant Act will:
- Establish a uniform national definition for "plant biostimulant";
- Require EPA to review and revise existing Code of Federal regulations to include this new plant biostimulant definition;
- Establish an intergovernmental plant biostimulant working group, comprised of representatives from USDA, EPA, and state regulators to help determine the appropriate framework for plant biostimulant products, evaluate a pathway for a uniform process for regulation of these products and evaluate options for creating a uniform national label for plant biostimulant products.
- Require USDA to study how plant biostimulant products can contribute to soil health;
- Amend existing EQIP to include the use of plant biostimulant products under nutrient management plans; and
- Establish a plant biostimulant liaison that will be based within USDA to work in a facilitation/coordination role between USDA, EPA, and state regulators.
Read more in the letter below.