ARA Board of Directors
The ARA board of directors holds the ultimate governing authority and responsibility of the association. The board is composed of retailer representatives from five geographical regions (Northeast, Southeast, Midwest, Great Plains and West) and industry supplier representatives from all areas of the agricultural retail sector (crop protection and seed, fertilizer, equipment, technology, and other services).
Troy Johnson (Chair)
Rod Wells (Chair-Elect)
Ian McGregor (Vice Chair)
The McGregor Company
John Oster (Immediate Past Chair)
The Morral Companies
International Raw Materials
Yara North America
Illinois Fertilizer and Chemical Association
Current board members listed by region & category:
Northeast (Region 1)
- Paul Nelson, Carolina Eastern Vail, Inc. in Salem, N.Y.
- Steve Patterson, Southern States Co-op, in Richmond, Va.
Southeast (Region 2)
- Jason White, Pinnacle Agriculture Holdings, LLC, in Memphis, Tenn.
- Griffin Evans, R. W. Griffin Feed Seed & Fertilizer, in Douglas, Ga.
- Alec Sheffer, Agri-AFC, LLC, in Montgomery, Ala.
- Jeff Tarsi, Nutrien Ag Solutions, in Collierville, Tenn.
- Dave Thomas, Helena Agri-Enterprises, in Collierville, Tenn.
- Tim Witcher, GreenPoint Ag, in Memphis, Tenn.
Midwest (Region 3)
- Amy Asmus, Asmus Farm Supply, in Rake, Iowa
- Barry Day, Superior Ag, in Huntingburg, Ind.
- Jason Marthaler, CHS, Inc., in Inver Grove Heights, Minn.
- Dan Mogged, Van Horn, Inc., in Cerro Gordo, Ill.
- John Oster, Morral Companies, in Morral, Ohio.
- Scott Schertz, Schertz Aerial Service, in Hudson, Ill.
- Brad Stedman, Winfield Solutions, in Shoreview, Minn.
- Rod Wells (Chair-Elect), GROWMARK, in Bloomington, Ill.
Plains (Region 4)
- Tracy Linbo, Agtegra Cooperative, in Aberdeen, S.D.
- Randy Stephens, SureGrow Ag Products, in Comanche, Texas
- Dave Spears, Mid-Kansas Cooperative Association, in Moundridge, Kan.
West (Region 5)
- Mark Aldax, Mid Valley Ag Services, in Linden, Calif.
- Dave Dufault, J.R. Simploy Company, in Boise, Idaho
- Richard Lloyd, Valley Agronomics LLC, in Mt. Angel, Ore.
- Troy Johnson (Chair), Wilbur-Ellis, in Colfax, Wash.
- Ian McGregor (Vice Chair), The McGregor Company, in Colfax, Wash.
Crop Protection and Seed
- Dan Bouck, Corteva Agriscience, in Indianapolis, Ind.
- Luiz Beling, Bayer Crop Science, in St. Louis, Mo.
- Christina Coen, FMC Agricultural Products, in Philadelphia, Pa.
- Lyndon Smith, Bio Huma Netics, Inc., in Gilbert, Ariz.
- Mike Hofer, BASF, in Denver, Colo.
- Paul Backman, Syngenta, in Washington, D.C.
- Bob Trogele, AMVAC Chemical Corporation, in Newport Beach, Calif.
- Tim Richie, The Mosaic Company, in Plymouth, Minn.
- Toby Hlavinka, American Plant Food, in Galena Park, Texas
- Ryan Burke, Gavilon Fertilizer LLC, in Savannah, Ga.
- Brooke McMullin, International Raw Materials, in Philadelphia, Pa.
- Brett Nightingale, CF Industries, in Deerfield, Ill.
- Gary Vogen, Yara North America, in Tampa, Fla.
- Darin Ebeling, Sackett-Waconia, in Waconia, Minn.
- Ken Lehmann, Case IH, in Racine, Wis.
- Dave Webster, AGCO, in Duluth, Ga.
Technology and Services
- Ernie Chappell, EFC Systems, in Brentwood, Tenn.
- Jason Lueders, CoBank, in Minneapolis, Minn.
- Bradley Sponseller, John Deere Agriculture & Turf, in Olathe, Kan.
State Affiliate Representative
- Jean Payne, Illinois Fertilizer and Chemical Association, in Bloomington, Ill.
- Daren Coppock, ARA President and CEO, in Washington, D.C.
- Doug Catt, AgPro Magazine, in Lenexa, Kan.
- TBD, The Fertilizer Institute, in Washington, D.C.
- Chris Novak, CropLife America, in Washington, D.C.
- Leroy Startz, Ag Resource Management (ARM), in Fort Worth, Texas.