Transportation & Supply Chain Solutions
ARA represents and advocates for the best interests of ag retailers and suppliers at the federal level.
Each year, ARA membership decides a new set of policy issues the association will focus on with elected officials and key regulatory agencies in Washington, D.C. The established set of policy issues typically drive discussions during the annual ARA Legislative Fly-In. Read more about ARA's proposed solutions related to transportation and supply chain solutions.
- Transportation infrastructure (highways, bridges, locks and dams, rail, harbor, and ports) and rural broadband deployment are essential needs for rural communities.
- The Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) is a comprehensive water resources development law successfully enacted, on a bipartisan basis, in each of the last four Congresses.
- Freight rail is a vital link that connects thousands of U.S. manufacturers, farmers, and energy producers with consumers.
- Supply chain disruptions have caused major challenges for the nation’s agricultural industry.
- Support passage of the Ocean Shipping Reform Act (H.R. 4996/ S. 3580).
- Support passage of a bipartisan WRDA reauthorization bill.
- Support reform efforts at the Surface Transportation Board (STB) and Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) to address rising demurrage and detention costs to shippers and promote increased competition.
- Support an Hours of Service (HOS) pilot program for transporters of farm supplies that are allowed to operate up to a 200-air mile radius.
Questions? Send questions to the ARA policy team of experts via the DC Help Desk.