ARA Celebrates National Pesticide Safety Education Month
Feb 10 2021
February is National Pesticide Safety Education Month to raise awareness for pesticide safety education and share best practices for safe pesticide use.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) says that reading the label every time is key to ensuring safe pesticide use. EPA has these other tips for safe use:
- Store pesticides in their original containers with proper labels;
- Store pesticides out of the reach of children and pets, preferably locked up;
- Use the amount specified on the label. Using more will not be more effective and may harm you, your loved ones and the environment;
- Wash hands with soap and water after using a pesticide;
- Wash clothes that have been in contact with pesticides immediately and separately from other items; and
- Don’t let children and pets enter sprayed areas while they are still wet.
National Pesticide Safety Education Month also recognizes the efforts of land-grant Pesticide Safety Education Programs (PSEPs) as they teach pesticide safety across the country to reach workers and special communities.
How to participate
Find the logo, brochure, flyer and tons of resources to be used to promote safe pesticide use HERE.