Update on ARA Virtual Fly-In Visits with Congress
Apr 08 2022
ARA members participate in grassroots engagement efforts during the annual legislative fly-in. Held virtually this year, the visits are a chance for ag retailers and suppliers to sound their voice about issues impacting their operations and community among elected officials and their staff in Congress.
Thank you to the more than 70 individuals with 38 ARA member companies and state associations for participating in more than 100 virtual hill visits with their legislators in Congress.
|Agtegra Cooperative||Helena Agri-Enterprises, LLC|
|American Plant Food Corporation||International Raw Materials LTD|
|AMVAC||Kansas Agribusiness Retailers Association|
|Asmus Farm Supply, Inc.||Kanza Cooperative Association|
|BASF||Minnesota Crop Production Retailers|
|Bio Huma Netics, Inc.||Morral companies|
|Carolina Eastern - Vail, Inc.||Nutrien|
|CoBank, ACB||New York State Agribusiness Association|
|Corteva Agriscience||RW Griffin|
|EFC Systems, Inc||South Dakota Agri-Business Association|
|Far West Agribusiness Association||Southern Crop Production Association|
|Farmers Business Network||Texas Ag Industries Association|
|Florida Fertilizer & Agrichemical Association||The McGregor Company|
|FMC||Valent USA LLC|
|Georgia Agribusiness Council||Willard Agri-Service|
|Gowan USA||Yara North America, Inc.|
To prepare ARA members for the meetings, ARA held two educational sessions virtually to go over the 2022 public policy priorities, which were recently established by the membership.
To view the Mastering Congressional Meetings 101 and the Federal Issues Briefing recordings:
- Log in to the ARA Member Dashboard. (Email email@example.com for ARA log in support.)
- Once logged in, click the green MEMBER HOME button in the top right corner of the website.
- Click on the menu item MEMBER RESOURCES to view the ARA Member Resource Library with helpful tools related to advocacy, crisis management, cyber security and more.
- Under Advocacy Resources, click to expand the ARA Public Policy Issues and click on the links within to view recordings and documents.
All employees of an ARA member company are invited to participate because ARA counts on their support and involvement to facilitate ongoing advocacy efforts with their members of Congress to bring about necessary legislation and policies that benefit agricultural retailers, their farmer customers, and America's rural communities.
Future fly-ins will be communicated via email and posted to ARA's calendar of events.
Due to the virtual format this year, ARA hosted fly-in meetings grouped into five geographical regions. You can view the regions and your ARA Board of Directors here.
- March 1-4: Region 1 Hill Visits (VA, WV, MD, DE, PA, NY, RI, CT, NH, VT, ME)
- March 8-11: Region 2 Hill Visits (AR, LA, TN, MS, AL, GA, NC, SC, FL)
- March 15-18: Region 3 Hill Visits (MN, IA, MO, WI, IL, MI, IN, OH, KY)
- March 29-April 1: Region 4 Hill Visits (MT, WY, CO, ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, TX)
- April 5-8: Region 5 Hill Visits (WA, OR, CA, ID, NV, UT, AZ, NM)
Take the Next Step
Take the next step to keep momentum going for the ag retail industry by hosting your member of Congress for a tour of your facility to show them how your business supports its team, farmer customers and local community. ARA created a step-by-step Congressional Facility Visit Guide with best practices and media samples to help your business pave the way for a productive relationship with your elected officials.