Helpful Links on COVID-19
Dec 07 2020
Last updated Jan. 8, 2021
In support of the ag retail industry's efforts to respond to COVID-19 and protect their employees, ARA created the list of links to official federal government information and resources below.
New COVID-19 Relief Package Details
ARA breaks down the COVID-19 relief package and highlights the main points relevant to ag retailers and their operations.
- CDC Critical Infrastructure Sector Response Planning Guidance (added Jan.8, 2021)
- California/OSHA Safety and Health Guidance for Infection Prevention of Ag Employers, Employees (added Dec. 1, 2020)
- OSHA/CDC Joint Interim Guidance for Ag Workers, Employers (updated Dec. 1, 2020)
- CDC Ag Employer Checklist for Creating a COVID-19 Assessment Control Plan (updated Dec. 1, 2020)
- FDA Employee Health and Food Safety Checklist for Human & Animal Food Operations (added 8/25/2020)
- USDA, FDA Joint Statement on Food Export Restrictions Pertaining to COVID-19 (added 7/7/2020)
- CDC, DOL Interim Guidance for Ag Workers and Employers (added 6/25/2020)
- EPA Temporary Guidance on Respiratory Protection for Agricultural Pesticide Handlers During COVID-19 (added 6/11/2020)
- OSHA and CDC joint Interim Guidance for Agriculture Workers and Employers (added (6/3/2020)
- Washington Implements COVID-19 Safety Rules for Farmworker Housing (added 5/29/2020)
- Free Job Postings on AgCareers.com using special code (added 5/13/2020)
- Oregon/OSHA Temporary Rule Addressing the COVID-19 Crisis in Employer-Provided Housing, Labor-Intensive Ag operations, & Ag Transportation (added 5/7/2020)
- North Carolina DOL Guidance Alert for Farm Workers (added 5/7/2020)
- Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue Video Thanking Ag Input Sector (added 4/2/2020)
- FDA Food Safety and COVID-19 FAQs (added 3/23/2020)
- California Department of Food & Agriculture Guidance Naming Ag Critical infrastructure (added of 3/18/2020)
Workforce Information & Business Guidance
How to Prepare Workplaces
- CDC Guidance on When to Quarantine (added 1/8/2021)
- OSHA Steps to Protect Cleaning Staff (added 11/9/2020)
- CDC Case Investigation and Contact Tracing in non-healthcare workplaces (added 8/18/2020)
- CDC Communication Plan for Select Non-healthcare Critical Infrastructure Employees (added 8/18/2020)
- OSHA Pamphlet with Guidance on Returning to Work (added 6/19/2020)
- OSHA Pamphlet with Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- OSHA Poster on Ten Steps All Workplaces Can Take to Reduce Risk of Exposure to Coronavirus (added 5/29/2020)
- White House Guidelines for Opening Up America Again (added 6/19/2020)
- CDC Resuming Business Toolkit (added 6/22/2020)
- CDC Preparations for Small Business and Employees for COVID-19 Effects (added 6/22/2020)
- CDC Safety Practices for Critical Infrastructure Workers Who May Have Had Exposure to a Person with Suspected/Confirmed COVID-19 (added 6/22/2020)
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce's State-by-State Business Reopening Guidance with interactive map (added 5/7/2020)
- OSHA COVID-19 website
- OSHA Primary Resource: COVID-19 Safety & Health Topics (added 4/22/2020)
- CISA: Risk Management for COVID-1
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Emergency Protective Measures Eligibility Factsheet (added 3/19/2020)
- FEMA Coronavirus Rumor Control (added 3/24/2020)
- Face Mask / Respirator Usage
- CDC Tips to Prevent Skin Irritation from Prolonged Use of Tight-Fitting Respirators (added 8/18/2020)
- 7 Steps to Correctly Wear a Respirator at Work (added 6/22/2020)
- Use of Cloth Face Coverings to Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19 (added 6/10/2020)
- OSHA FAQs on Cloth Face Mask Coverings (added 6/10/2020)
- OSHA Video on How to Put On and Remove Face Mask Safely (added 5/7/2020)
- OSHA Poster on How to Put On and Remove Face Mask Safely (added 5/7/2020)
- CDC Testing Strategy for High-Density Critical Infrastructure Workplaces after a COVID-19 Case is Identified (added 6/22/2020)
- CDC Reopening Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting Public Spaces, Workplaces, Businesses, Schools and Homes (added 7/21/2020)
- Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations – Community Facilities (updated 4/1/2020)
- Mental Health
- CDC Guidance For Employees: How to Cope with Job Stress & Build Resilience During Pandemic (added 6/22/2020)
- What Workers & Employers Can Do to Manage Workplace Fatigue During Pandemic (added 6/22/2020)
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Guidance:
- Guidance on Ventilation in the Workplace (added 11/5/2020)
- Temporary Guidance on the enforcement of Respiratory Protection standard
- Understanding Compliance with OSHA's Respiratory Protection Standard (added 9/1/2020)
- Considerations for Workers Residing in Communal Living (added 9/15/2020)
- Guidance for Cloth Face Coverings while working INDOORS or OUTDOORS in hot and humid conditions (added Oct. 21, 2020)
- Stockroom and Loading Dock Workers (added 6/8/2020)
- Social Distancing at Work (added 6/1/2020)
- Manufacturing Industry Workforce (added 4/16/2020)
- Package Delivery Workforce (added 4/16/2020)
- Control and Prevention (added 4/22/2020)
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
Business & Labor Information
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Economic Injury Disaster Loans Resources
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans Application
- SBA Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) (added 4/8/2020)
- U.S. Department of the Treasury information on CARES Act
- Temporary Rule: Paid Leave under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) (added 4/2/2020)
- USDA and Department of Labor (DOL) Information Sharing to Assist H-2A Employers (added 3/19/2020)
- DOL Office of Foreign Labor Certification's Round 2 of FAQs Regarding Temporary Ag Labor (added 4/1/2020)
- DOL New Guidance on Unemployment Insurance Flexibilities (added 3/12/2020)
- CDC: What Long-Haul Truck Drivers Need to Know about COVID-19 (added 1/8/2021)
- FMCSA Active emergency declarations, waivers, exemptions and permits (added 12/4/2020)
- What Long-Haul Truck Drivers Need to Know about COVID-19 (added 7/21/2020)
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Exemption From Renewal of the Hazardous Materials Endorsement Security Threat Assessment for Certain Individuals (added 4/8/2020)
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Guidance to State DMVs on CDL (added 3/23/2020)
- Guidance on Compliance with Department of Transportation (DOT) Drug and Alcohol Testing Regulations (added 3/23/2020)
- American Trucking Association Updates on State Actions related to commercial trucking
- Information for Travel
- State: Traveler’s Checklist
- DOT: FAQs from FTA Grantees Regarding COVID-19
Who to Contact:
- For questions about workforce and related matters, contact foodsupplychain@USDA.gov.
- For questions on H-2A visas, contact Aglabor@usda.gov.
- For questions on meals to children in rural areas, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions on local Farm Credit efforts to serve customers in your area, contact email@example.com.
Information for Healthcare Providers and First Responders:
- Information for Healthcare Professionals
- Resources for State, Local, Territorial and Tribal Health Departments
- Resources for First Responders
Many in the ag retail industry also serve as first responders in their community. Please share the links above with first responders you know.
What You Should Know:
- How COVID-19 Spreads
- Prevention & Treatment
- Situation Summary (updated 4/19/2020)
- CDC Frequently Asked Questions
- What to Do If You Are Sick with COVID-19
- Stigma Related to COVID-19
- Facts about COVID-19
- Information for People at Higher Risk and Special Populations
- Cases in the U.S.
- Global Locations with COVID-19
- CDC in Action: Preparing Communities
For the most up-to-date information, see the CDC website: www.coronavirus.gov.
Keep up with COVID-19 on Social Media
- Follow ARA for ag retail-specific updates
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
ARA Member Resource Library
In addition to the links on this page, ARA has compiled a Member Resource Library which includes:
- Need to Know: Your Quick Reference Guide.
- ARA Action: Letters ARA sent to the Trump Administration, Congress, federal agencies and others on behalf of ARA members.
- ARA Tools: Documents to keep business operating in an ever-changing environment.
- Regulatory & Legislative Guidance: FAQs, summaries, and websites from ARA members and other reliable sources.
- ARA Member Alerts: All COVID-19 communications in one place.
- ARA in the News: Articles featuring ARA as a source of reliable information.